Saturday, December 5, 2009

Apparently I did something terrible to Mother Nature in a previous lifetime

It took until my junior year of playing college baseball in the Northeast in snow, sleet and rain, before I finally realized that it doesn't do any good to worry about what mother nature's going to throw your way. It's much better just to adapt to whatever the weather is and move on. We still don't have any snow here, but today we made the best of it. Chad, Jason and I hammered out a time trial on roller skis this morning. It was good to get a full-gas 25 minute effort in some cold temps (I've been hacking up a lung all afternoon, but that's what I usually do driving home from the first race of the season, so that's out of my system now!). We did 1.5 laps of the GVCC Rush road course, which is one of the hillier bike courses we do during the Thursday night GVCC race series in the summer. It has two gradual climbs and one steep climb - I felt pretty good on the uphills, but didn't feel superfast on the flats and gradual downhills, overall though, it was tough and exactly what I needed, too bad it wasn't on snow, but still a good day. I think all three of us were pretty happy with the workout as a whole, and hopefully all three of us are getting faster!


No comments:

Post a Comment