Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Creative workouts

The roads are currently too messy to roller ski (due to a nice mixture of rain, ice, snow, sleet, and a whole lot of wind) and there still isn't enough snow to ski. However, my gym has a machine that simulates running up stairs. Not exactly the same as hill bounding or as specific as roller skiing, but you play the cards your dealt. Today, I was able to do 6 x 3 minute intervals with the machine totally max-ed out, all on my lunch break. I was pretty cooked at the end. Incidentally, the rest of my department went to Sticky Lips BBQ for lunch (right next door to my gym).

Now I'm planning to do a couple light workouts the rest of the week and hopefully ski this weekend - it sounds like there's some sort of gnarly winter storm coming our way over the next few days, which might also produce some lake effect snow. With any luck, the roller skis might go away for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment