Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Race #3



Today was our last race out here in Minnesota, shooting didn't improve much (5 penalties), but I was definitely skiing faster, and am looking forward to some xc races coming up back in NY. I think my rifle and I need a little time apart! I feel good about where my fitness level is and I think this week will really pay dividends come January.

Overall, these races were a great experience. We were able to ski and shoot every day for a week and compete in three races against the best competition in the US. There's no better measuring stick. I've always told the baseball players I've coached that they should seize every opportunity to play with and against players that are better than they are, and that being a big fish in a small pond won't make them any better. So, I guess I took my own advice, some of the guys out here are skiing on a different planet, shooting well, and shooting fast...

I'll try to write-up a list of takeaways from the week at some point. Fly home tomorrow. Here's a picture of Jason slapping some travel wax onto our skis for the trip home. Please note the use of the hotel dresser - these are the little bootleg waxing tips you learn when you hang out with HFL nordic alumni...hopefully no one from the Comfort Inn stumbles across this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment