Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pictures of big vehicles and an RIT HOF'er

Wouldn't a nice new tactical radio look great in these vehicles? I think they would, and we're hoping our customers agree...I took these at the Expomil trade show earlier today in Bucharest.


I fly home tomorrow and the weekend is shaping up to be a pseudo college reunion. One of my former teammates and a good friend named Andy Schild is being inducted in to the RIT athletics hall of fame Saturday night, and a bunch of former teammates are coming in to town to attend the ceremony, should be a fun one.

Andy was our shortstop and batted leadoff most of his 4-year career, and a big part of the reason I went there. He was a year older and I knew him as the shortstop from our rival high school team. When I was still undecided in June of my senior year of high school, he met up with me, at our coaches request, and convinced me that RIT would be a good fit for academics and baseball (nowadays he has a career in sales, so that might have been his first one!). By the time his career wrapped up, he had (and still holds) career records for hits, runs, stolen bases, and assists (among probably a few others). Incidentally, he was a 3-sport star in high school winning a state title in football (which he still talks about at length whenever the opportunity arrises) and skiing in the Alpine Junior Olympics. Since he, like many engineering students at RIT, was in a 5-year program, he was able to ski his fifth year, after running out of baseball eligibility. Having not raced in 5 years, he still managed to qualify for NCAA championships for skiing. So in summary, he was a pretty good athlete - I still give him a hard time about going bald at 23, but you have to give your friends crap from time to time just to keep them honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment