Sunday, March 6, 2011

West Yellowstone, MT

I'm back in Salt Lake after heading up to West Yellowstone Friday to race the Rendezvous 50km race yesterday. The race itself was ok, I was hoping for a better result, but considering that I was in Rochester, NY on Thursday, flew to Utah, then drove to Montana, and screwed up the wax royally, it was all in all as good as I could have expected. I ended up 29th and 3rd in my age group, I'll write more about the race itself later, which was quite an experience in it's own right. The venue, and atmosphere however were absolutely awesome and I now understand why these marathons are such a big deal and people travel from all over to compete in them. It was a really cool experience and I'm really happy I went. Huge thanks to my buddy Jamie who not only drove up with me, but also helped me out in the feedzone and was cheering for everyone, the only thing he was missing was a legit cowbell.

Here are a few pictures that I took during my ski on Friday once we got into town.




Amazing tracks and scenery, I definitely can't wait to head back!

No comments:

Post a Comment