Saturday, March 26, 2011

This isn't going to slow down, is it?

I think over the last two years I've been waiting for life to slow down, but I've come to the conclusion over the past few months, that maybe it's only going to get more hectic. The change in my mindset recently however, is that I'm not apprehensive or anxious about it, I'm looking forward to it.

I've learned a lot about myself over the last few years on many levels, but one of the more important things I've realized is that I can handle juggling a lot of seemingly unrelated things all at the same time. Even looking back on my college years when I was working, going to school and playing baseball, living life at 1000 miles an hour is something I'm good at and can excel at.

I'm currently typing this blog post from the business lounge in the Warsaw airport and have been on six flights in the last 7 days and have two to go today. I've been in Bucharest, Romania and Wroclaw and Warsaw, Poland, and the last five days have absolutely been like sipping water out of a fire hose. Downtime has been non-existent, but it was a successful trip. I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish on this trip and only had a few moments trip where I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

I am relatively sure that I've spent more nights living out of a suitcase than at home since I left for Vermont back in December. Although, there are still times that I have to remind myself that I signed up for all of this - both work and personal travel - and that I am very lucky to have all of the opportunities that I have, it seems more so recently, I have to do that reminding (or have Nancy remind me) less frequently. I am less anxious about what the next few months may bring and am focussed on making the most of wherever I am and whatever I'm doing...so, I guess, here's to living life like a headfirst slide into first base!!

No comments:

Post a Comment