Sunday, October 4, 2009

Search for a wedding location and some shooting practice

For the last few days Nancy and I have been checking out a few places in an attempt to try to pick a location for our wedding next year. We haven't made any decisions yet, but Bristol Harbor is the current front runner, mainly because of the view below.

I have been down in this neck of the woods often over the years cycling, but usually I don't enjoy this awesome view of Canandaigua Lake because when you see this view when cycling, it means that you'll be climbing bopple hill within a few minutes, and anyone who's done that on a bike (or in a car) understands that bopple hill is about as steep as it's possible to pave a road.

Today, did a classic roller ski followed by a running and shooting workout at my parents place. They've graciously allowed us to set up a couple targets on their property, so Jason, Frenchy, Chad and I got in some good shooting practice today. Here's a picture of Jason and Chad doing some 1-shot drills.


This week will be filled with some really tough intensity workouts. I'm leaving for Tbilisi, Georgia on Saturday for a week, and will be relegated to the hotel treadmill while on the road, and I realized on my last trip to Georgia that they don't have any treadmills that go faster than a 6 min/mile pace, but it does have an incline though!

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday Marty and I went and looked at some more wedding sites. It was rainy and we'd taken a 1/2 from work. We were in the Finger Lakes, even at wineries. Instead of tasting wines, Marty opted for "bounding" up Bristol Mountain after. He told me, "The only easy day was yesterday".

    ReplyDelete