Saturday, November 5, 2011

Penultimate wedding of 2011

I'm a few blog posts behind, so I'll try to catch up over the next few days. Last weekend was our 2nd to last wedding of the year. It's been a pretty hectic year with a lot of weddings of all types (in-town, out-of-town, traditional, non-traditional, etc). Nancy's college roomate Sarah (also one of the bridesmaids in our wedding) got married to a very close friend of Nancy's brother Doug, who's also from Penfield. Needless to say, there was a lot of "wow, it's a pretty small world" going on. They did everything for the wedding themselves and all of the food was locally grown or raised, which was a very cool concept. In addition to it being a cool concept, I'm more than certain it took an incredible amount of work and planning, but everything went off without a hitch and was excellent. Overall, it was a very unique wedding, but I think it was exactly what they wanted it to be. I hope that Sarah and Sky will be documenting everything that they did to pull this off, as I'm sure it would be a great case study in project management. Anyways, here are some pictures.




Sarah and Sky.



There were a lot of Colgate Alum there. Nancy's 2nd from the left and her brother Doug is in the back with the beard. One other item of note - Sky went to Dartmouth, so there were also a lot of his college friends there - apparently they have a dance that they teach to all incoming freshman. In the middle of the dancing portion of the night, they cleared the dancefloor and all the Dartmouth alum did this syncronized dance, which was one of the more impressive things I've seen recently.



Nancy and I contemplating whether to go to the snack setup or go hit up the lawn games during cocktail hour. The beer for the wedding was from Custom Brewcrafters (sticking with the locally produced theme) and everyone was issued a mason jar to drink out of for the night.



The guitarist (Ben) on the left also happened to be a teammate of mine in little league, high school and college baseball and we coached for several years together after college. He is also a great guitarist and Sky's brother-in-law, hence his involvement in the wedding. It was great to catch up with Ben and hopefully I'l be doing some coaching with him again soon.


As I mentioned, this was out 2nd to last wedding of 2011. The last one is a big one - my brother John is getting married down in Philly two weeks from today, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm currently in Belgium and have been bouncing around a lot the last week. I'll be in Germany early next week then get home Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment