Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pictures from Georgia

I haven't had much of a chance to update this site recently. Literally been on the go since July 2nd. I've been all over the place recently, but all things considered, things have gone very well. I was in Georgia last week and arrived home late Saturday.

My role at work has changed, so I took the replacement for my old role in Georgia (Jim) with me to introduce him to everyone. Since I took over Kevin's role in Georgia, every customer meeting started with Temuri saying the following - "Marty is the new Kevin, Kevin is the new Marty". Ok, now we can begin. This was Jim's first time in Tbilisi, and I have to say, he fit right in. Below are some pictures.
That's Jim standing up and digging into a traditional Georgian feast.
...and you can't come to Georgia and not give Cha-Cha a try, first shot documented here.
This is the old church on top of the hill over looking Mskete (the old capital). This church was build around 600 AD.
View from the church.
View from the other side of the church. There are mountains everywhere.
This is the major river that flows from the Black Sea to all the way to the Caspian Sea. It goes through downtown Tbilisi.
Another shot of the church.
Our old friend Bata opened a new pub near the hotel where we ate twice during our stay, here's a shot of Jim and Irakli in front of "Gold Time". Nice place, I have a feeling we'll be back there soon.

I'm in town for the next few weeks, but things are still pretty hectic...hopefully I'll be able to update again soon, more big stuff coming up later this summer and fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment