Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quick update

Last weekend's races went pretty well overall. Saturday's race would have been a pretty average race until I crashed on my last lap, got the wind knocked out of me, and limped home to the finish. I didn't feel great skiing, but ok, and my shooting was also frustratingly average. Thankfully, I escaped the crash with no injuries and no broken equipment, it was quite a face plant I'm told. After the race, the guy we were staying with for the weekend gave me a tour up to the Marcy Dam on back country skis. It was a fun little detour and got my mind off of crashing and missing targets, definitely recharged me mentally for the race the following day. Sunday's race went substantially better, my shooting improved, especially in prone (90%) and I felt much stronger skiing than the previous day. It felt as though I was skiing smooth and under control. Since that was most likely my last biathlon race of the winter, it was good to finish on a high note, as that was probably my strongest all-around race this year.

It's been a busy week after getting home, I've spent the week so far cramming in work and unpacking, repacking and re-waxing for this weekend and the week's already almost over.

This weekend is the Lake Placid Loppet 50km. They just got some new snow, which should slow things down a little, but it should be a good one. We've got a big group going up and should have some excellent race support in the feed zones. Hopefully I'll have more time to update next week. Lots of big things coming up and lots of different places I'll be visiting over the next 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment