Thursday, September 9, 2010

Changing seasons...

I can declare that fall has arrived for all of the following reasons:

- I had to grill using a headlamp this week.
- There have been three days in the last week where the sun hasn't come out and the temperature didn't get above 60F. There have also been two days in the last week where the temperature topped 90F...so, it's all over the map, which is pretty much how Spring and Fall go in Rochester.
- I had my first roller ski in long sleeves last weekend, and last night, I rollerskied in the cold rain and was excited about it.
- I've been receiving a massive amount of e-mails from my college buddies about alumni weekend (3rd weekend in September every year).
- Sam Adams Summer Ale has been replaced by Oktoberfest at most local bars by now.
- The NFL season starts tonight. Might be unrelated, but I also had a massive craving for chili yesterday.

So, I have bike races tonight and tomorrow night and then I'm riding the Highlander on Saturday, which is a great charity ride in the hills south of Rochester. After that, I'm not sure how often my bike will be coming out. I've already started mixing in a lot of roller skiing and some trail running. Within two weeks it'll be headlamp workouts-only on weeknights. So, I'm already looking forward to the snow flying, but I do love fall in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment