Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wedding weekend recap

So, I'm not even sure where to start, so I guess I'll start with Thursday. All of the groomsmen and a couple other guys that were in town kicked things off with a golf outing before the rehearsal. While there was nothing spectacular about my round, but it was an awesome way to get things going. From there we went to the rehearsal followed by a large get-together at McGregor's in Canandaigua. Various people were showing up throughout the night as they arrived in town, everything was under control until Byrne showed up and started rounds of various shots, which turned things a little sideways for everyone that was still in the bar, but it was a great time had by all. The late-night activities did lead to one of the guys, who shall remain nameless, to jump into a random boat and get kicked out of the hotel pool at about 3am. I have seen some excellent pics from that night, but haven't gotten a hold of many of them quite yet. I will post some more pictures as I get them.

Friday was an absolutely amazing day all around, especially once I managed to shake my hangover from Thursday night! The weather couldn't have been better. All of the groomsmen met at Lucas' (best man) room at Bristol Harbor at around 1pm. We had a good time hanging out and getting all tuxedo-ed up. We did the pictures, which I'm looking forward to seeing. Nancy looked amazing. Jeff performed a great ceremony, which was followed by cocktail hour, which was highlighted by my buddy Kevin playing acoustic guitar. Following that was an amazing reception and I think everyone had a great time. Everyone I talked to seemed to be having a great time. It certainly flew by, and it didn't seem like I talked to anyone more than 30 seconds. Some pics from the weekend are below.


Nancy and I during dinner (the chicken french was just as good as I remembered it).
There's the whole wedding party. Really good crew, I'm very lucky to have the friends I have and Nancy is as well.
Lucas during the best man toast. He was a huge help with everything all weekend.
Natalie during the maid of honor speech.
RIT baseball alumni in attendance. Some really great teammates in that shot.
I'm not positive where this picture was taken, but that's Nancy's brother, Kate and Megan (both bridesmaids) and Nancy's father in the background. They certainly look like they're having a good time!
The day after the wedding, my parents hosted a barbeque at their farm for people that were in the wedding and those that were in from out of town. This is Nancy's grandmother and my mom.

From left to right - Doogie, me, Colin and Jeff at the BBQ. Funny story about Doogie on Thursday night, but not really the arena for that...it's a family show everyone...
Nancy's Uncle Ed, Uncle Andy and her father Doug. Andy and Ed both live on the west coast, so these three brothers aren't in the same place too often.

Following the barbeque several of us went to the Winfield to close out the weekend, where I was exposed to "being iced", which might be the dumbest concept I've ever heard of, but it was pretty funny at the time, more on that some other time. Sunday night, we left for the honeymoon in Aruba.

The whole weekend was a blast, but went by so fast. There were several moments throughout the weekend where I wished I could have hit the pause button. It really meant a lot to us that so many people came from so far away to be there.

After the honeymoon, I had very possibly the busiest week of work in my professional career, followed by Chad's bachelor party Friday and Saturday, then I flew to Poland on Sunday, which is where I am until Friday. So, I'm looking forward to this weekend where I'll be in Rochester riding my bike, watching the Tour De France and maybe try to put some type of organizational structure in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment