Tuesday, June 8, 2010

People are getting amped!

We're now two days from the wedding. Over the last couple weeks, there have been a lot of e-mails flying around about the weekend festivities. Most of them are the typical, "Can't wait!" or "Going to be epic"...there have been some pretty unique ones though, so I thought I'd share (the appropriate ones anyways):

- "Hi Jeff, I just noticed your e-mail address and think we should be friends." - Jane after noticing that Jeff works for Sam Adams

- "Hi Jane. We can be friends. I'm friendly! Thursday can't get here fast enough!
Nancy. What do you guys want me to use? Binder? Trapper keeper? Let me know and ill get something.
Marty. Is there any point in the ceremony where you would like me to sing? I know you love my angel voice! Thoughts?" - Jeff

- "Here I am sitting here wondering why the hell all of you are still at work sending emails when its 4:30 my time....and then it dawned on me. I am sitting in NY, not LA. Wow, I need a drink." - Doogie, who just flew in from LA, apparently struggling with the time change

- "I might bring the man-purse filled with American Honey and pre-mixed Jack and Cokes." - D2

- "It's just about f'ing game time, b*tches. Bring your A-Game. The Miller-Maynard Wedding waits for no man." - D2

- "Fat bottom girls is always appropriate..." - anonymous

- "Hey guy, RSVP is in the mail. I want to say I went with the red meat. Gotta protein up to keep up with you on the dance floor." - college buddy Mark Sapienza

- "I get out of work at 7am on Thursday, so I can golf anytime after 10. Let me know, I don't think I'm going to sleep, just going to drink 5 hour energy until Sunday at 5pm, then sleep for 18 hours and go back to work." - Knodel, who just started a new job, where he's occasionally working a night shift. He also has a bridal shower the day after the wedding and a birthday party for his daughter on Sunday, so he might actually not sleep. I've seen him do crazier things.

- "I will be in the US for 72 hrs and 40 of those are dedicated to Maynard/Miller wedding festivities. The other 32 will be spent pulling my life together, doing about a week's worth of work, saying hello to my family, and hopefully getting an hour or 2 of sleep. Can't wait." - Kevin S., who's flying home from Tbilisi today, and flying back to Europe on Saturday night. He's been on the road for the better part of 3 months, and is pretty much a complete disaster physically and mentally at this point...being an international sales guy isn't always that glamorous, I know he'll bring his A-game this weekend though!

- "Just a reminder…as long as tuxedo junction didn’t eff up, my tux should be in Greece.. but it may be at eastview...Flyers should win Wednesday at home and I’m sorry but it looks like a game 7 on Friday." Scott...There are a couple pretty serious flyers fans as well as a couple blackhawks fans going to the wedding, so a game 7 Friday would definitely create some interest from some in the crowd.

- "I've been trying to get a press pass to Bonnaroo for years, and I finally got one this year. Too bad one of my friends decided to get married that weekend. It's sad irony that it's you. Thanks buddy." - Kevin, who I went to the first three bonnaroo's with, along with a bunch of other shows...it is sad irony...

And for a couple responses from the "English isn't my first language" category:

- "YESS! When you go on moonfull (translate honeymoon), make sure to eat and drink a lot and forget about everything else!" - One of my bike racing teammates, originally from Cuba

- "Congratulation my Friend! Wish you all the best on the new road! Many People says..."road to hell", but I can strongly disagree." - My buddy Sylwek from Poland

Can't wait, going to be Epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment