Friday, March 9, 2012

Sleep comes at a premium sometimes

Last week may have been the nuttiest, 8-pounds-of-sh*t-in-a-5-pound-bag, week that I've had to date. My week went as follows:

- Sunday - woke up at 4am to go to airport. Flight cancelled, and rescheduled for red-eye to London. Went home for a few hours and was back at airport at 11am. Thanks to Nancy for shuttling me back and forth!
- Monday - Landed in London at 5am after sleeping for maybe 25 minutes while sitting upright, washed face, brushed teeth and tied tie, in airport bathroom, and went directly in to all-day meeting, went directly from meeting back to airport and flew to Dusseldorf, landing around 10pm local time. Slept in hotel room slightly bigger than a closet and it was glorious!
- Tuesday - Customer meeting on Tuesday morning, after which, I managed to pay a speeding ticket (yes, apparently it's possible to get speeding tickets in Germany and I am now a veteran of one), then was back at the Dusseldorf airport at 4pm. Flew to Munich, then Tbilisi.
- Wednesday - Landed in Tbilisi at 5am local time, slept for about 90 minutes and went back into a round of all-day meetings, workout, typical Georgian dinner. Slept a full night in hotel.
- Thursday - meetings all day. went back to hotel at 5pm, thinking I had 2 hours before dinner, went to gym, 35 minutes into workout, got phone call that a very high ranking customer wanted to meet me and to be ready in 15min, did my best superman impersonation and was back in a suit 14 minutes later ready to go. Went right from meeting to dinner. After dinner, packed and slept for 1.5 hours, left for airport at 2am local time (5pm Thursday EST).
- Friday - flew from Tbilisi - Munich - Newark - Rochester and was back in Rochester by 530pm.
- Saturday - woke up 5am, went for run, drove to Buffalo to meet some friends for a tour of the Southern Tier Brewery, which was a blast.

I think I've been recovering from all that for a full week, but am starting to feel somewhat human again. I guess the positive of the insaneness of the itinerary above is that I don't think I ever adjusted to any timezone because I basically slept every other day. Not something I'm looking to repeat, but I did re-adjust quickly.

On a different note, my foot is starting to recover and I've been able to run a little and may try riding on the road outside this weekend (since it's supposed to be 60F), so not much to complain about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment